- Avoid language that generalizes (i.e. all _______ people are like______).
Don’t assume that one story about a ____ person is true of everyone. Avoid assumptions about wealth/poverty.
- Opt for cultural learning versus “color-blindness”
- If you think it might be an offensive term, avoid it.
- Gently correct if you are offended – choose green-lining!
- Give yourself grace to learn & make mistakes & correct.
Download powerpoint slides or PDFs of these tips below. Powerpoints are formatted for both 4:3 and 16:9.